We currently really need the following supplies:
- WE REALLY NEED NEWSPAPERS RIGHT NOW! They are used to line to small animal cages and we are running really low. If you can take out the shiny advertisement pages, that would be great.
- Dry Dog Food All brown, Puppy Chow Natural, Kitten Chow, Cat Chow
- Bleach (of course!), Laundry soap, Paper towels, Litter (we use LOTS!)
As always, THANK YOU for the things you donate to us!
The Shelter is having an overstock sale of carriers and wire kennels, all sizes . We also have a nice rabbit hutch and a cage for a parrot. Stop in and visit!
Do you know how to apply 2-part epoxy resin paints (specifically Sherwin Williams Kem Cati-Coat HS Epoxy filler sealer and Macropoxy 646-100 Fast Cure Epoxy) ? If so and you would like to help us finish our new quarantine area, email Chris at email@example.com! Don’t forget to include your contact info.
The Humane Society of Hobart is still looking for 1 more KENNEL ASSISTANT. Applicants must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be available to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday).
The position involves primarily careful and thorough cleaning of dog kennels and cat cages but also handling and evaluating animals (both friendly and not so!) and working with the public. Please contact the shelter for more info.
Did you know we are in the process of completing some needed shelter improvements, specifically an expanded and improved isolation/quarantine area! Follow this link to see some pictures and details!Shelter Improvements
Please see our Immediate Needs page. Perhaps you can help us with one of our critical and immediate needs!